An overhead garage door repair isn’t really what you want to deal with when rushing out of the house to get to work or school. If you used Siouxland Garage Doors for your original garage door installation, you can rest easy knowing you have a lifetime warranty. We are so confident in our products and employees that we guarantee all of our products with a lifetime guarantee. There is a difference in garage door companies. We want you to think of us whether you have a small repair or a complete replacement need. We’ve got you covered!
There are some things you can check before hiring a professional. Many of these will still need a professional to repair, but knowing your system and knowing where to watch for issues can keep you informed and your family safe. Garage door wear and tear can be dangerous if tracks, springs, and cables are allowed to consistently age without maintenance.
Here are the top 10 Overhead Garage Door Repairs:
- Transmitters aren’t working properly (can be easily reset using owners manual)
- Transmitter batteries are dead (so easy, it happens all of the time)
- Alignment of photo eye (red lights at bottom of door to ensure kids and vehicles are clear of door path)
- Misaligned Tracks (call a professional)
- Blockage or Impairment of Door’s Path (another easy homeowner check & fix)
- Broken Springs or Tension Rods (call a professional)
- Limit Settings are set incorrectly (call a professional)
- Disconnect Switch enabled (safety mechanism to keep you from getting stuck in garage due to power outage – easy to check)
- Manually locked (we see this one a lot, especially with kiddos that like to push buttons)
- Tension Springs or Cables have excessive wear or broken
While a lot of these seem too easy to call a garage door repair team in, we see these a lot and try to troubleshoot by phone as we can to save money and time for everyone involved. Knowing and understanding how your system works can protect you and your checkbook. If your garage door is not working and you still need garage door repair services, we hope you’ll be confident in calling Siouxland Garage Doors. We are fully licensed, insured and bonded. All of our employees are professional and highly trained in their craft. We offer AAA discounts, lifetime guarantees on installations, fast same day garage door repair and we will never charge overtime fees for nights or weekends. We’re simply there when you need us. Give us a call today!